Let us fire your imagination, plunge you into a new world of mystery, fantasy, horror and drama and you control it all in your own imagination . . . this is English at PVS!
|Duration: 10 days|
Introduction to the course
- Murder & mystery
- Stories throughout history
- Arguing and persuading
- Important messages
- Ghosts, aliens & fantasy creatures
Key Stage 3 English & Literacy
All students in KS3 follow a Programme of Study in accordance with National Curriculum objectives. This will include broad and balanced coverage of the three areas of English: Reading, Writing and Speaking and Listening.
- Read a range of fiction and non-fiction texts
- Read for meaning, analyse and evaluate texts
- Use phonics strategies to blend words and improve reading skills
- Write imaginatively and creatively in a range of contexts
- Use accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Use phonics strategies to decode words and improve spelling
- Take part in discussion activities, give presentations and share and justify opinions and views to develop speaking and listening skills.
GCSE Language & Literature
Writing, Reading, Speaking & Listening. Communication in all forms
- Students will study a range of fiction and non-fiction texts for GCSE English Language.
Students will study Conflict Poetry, Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’ or ‘Romeo and Juliet’, drama text ‘DNA’ and Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’ for GCSE English Literature.
- There are 2 terminal examinations of 2 hours each for GCSE English Language and the same for GCSE English Literature.
WHAT'S GOING ON
What people are saying...?
I loved the war poems”
“I like playing language games to make my writing better”
“I didn’t want ‘Romeo and Juliet to end like that!”
“Park View helped me to get through my Functional Skills … up to level 2”
“The best lessons are vibrant and appropriately paced. Well-planned activities are meaningful and relevant to the students and they capture and maintain their attention. This was the case in an outstanding English lesson where students were learning to use persuasive written language. ”
OFSTED, June 2013
English success stories
|Duration: 10 days|